Immerse yourself in the sounds of the Street’s history in this wordless soundscape. Starting at the southern end, at the City Chambers building, you walk northwards to the top of the street.
In just over three minutes you’ll journey through more than 600 years of this street’s history, from the changes in industry, disastrous fires, the opening of exciting new buildings to the worries of war.
Pop on your headphones, press the play button at the bottom of the screen and walk along with the footsteps.
Listen out for:
- The Medieval Abbey
- Horse and carts
- Sounds of early industry
- New buildings being constructed
- Brave locals fighting the Great Fire of Dunfermline
- Party time in bars and clubs
- Cattle being driven to market
- Soldiers going off to war
- The coming of the Industrial Age
- Familiar ringtones
Soundscape created by local musician and producer Liam Saunders from Loopmaniac Studio, Dunfermline.